Put an abundance of summer basil to good use in this fast Thai-inspired beef dinner.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups shredded (matchstick) carrots
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg precooked Nature's Promise® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- In a 12-inch skillet, combine the oil, garlic, onion, and carrots. Cook on medium-high 5 min., until garlic is golden, stirring occasionally.
- To skillet, add the beef. Cook 5–6 min., until browned, stirring and breaking up meat with a spatula. Meanwhile, heat the rice according to package directions.
- To beef, add the fish sauce and cook 1 min. Remove from heat and stir in the basil and lime juice. Serve over rice.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- September 2020
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free