A boneless pork loin is cooked on a bed of tangy sauerkraut and tart apples for a simple but comforting 5-ingredient dinner. Make it Oktoberfest-worthy by pairing with a German ale.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (2 ½ lb) boneless pork loin
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg refrigerated sauerkraut, drained
- reheat oven to 350°F. In a wide-bottom Dutch oven, heat the oil on medium-high. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper. Add to pot and cook 10–12 min., until browned on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Transfer pork to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onions and apple. Cook 5 min., until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sauerkraut and ½ cup water. Remove from heat. Place pork on top and cover pot with lid or foil. Place in oven and roast 60–70 min., until pork is cooked through.
- Transfer pork to cutting board and slice. Serve with sauerkraut and apple mixture.
Garnish with a bit of finely chopped fresh dill for a pop of color and vibrant flavor.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- gluten free
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- 5 ingredients
- Egg Free