This paleo and gluten-free side dish is one that everyone at the holiday table will enjoy.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 large orange
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 12–14 min., until sprouts are tender in centers, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, into a small bowl, grate 1½ tsp zest from the orange. Stir in the green onions and parsley. Squeeze ¼ cup juice from orange in small cup and set aside.
- When Brussels sprouts are done, stir in the garlic. Cook 1–2 min., stirring constantly, until garlic is golden. Add the vinegar and reserved orange juice. Cook 30 sec., stirring often. Remove skillet from heat. Toss Brussels sprouts with parsley mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Steps 1–2 can be done up to 3 hours ahead. Let sit at room temperature. Reheat sprouts on medium before proceeding with step 3.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free
- Paleo Diet