Steaming the cauliflower in the microwave is the trick to this easy, low-carb twist on mashed potatoes.
- 2 (20 oz) pkg frozen steam-in-bag cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Microwave the cauliflower in their bags according to package directions. Carefully open bags and drain off any excess liquid.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl along with the garlic powder, sour cream, and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- In batches in a blender or with immersion blender, purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reheat in microwave, if desired. To serve, garnish with the chives.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free