Cheesy toasts are topped with a tangy olive mixture for an easy, impressive holiday appetizer that can be made ahead of time.
- 1 (6 oz) jar Nature's Promise ® Pitted Green Olives, drained
- ½ cup giardiniera, drained
- 1 large baguette, sliced scant ½-inch thick
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, pulse the olives and giardiniera until very finely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place the baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet and brush tops with the oil. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake 15–20 min., until bread is well toasted and cheese is golden.
- To serve, spoon the olive mixture onto each toast and drizzle with vinegar.
The olive mixture can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days. The cheese toasts can be made up to 1 day ahead, then cooled and left at room temperature in an airtight container. Assemble just before serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- Egg Free