Tart cranberries and brown sugar come together to make a sweet-and-sour sauce for crispy chicken thighs in this simple one-pan dinner.
- 4 large bone-in,skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 ½ lbs)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken skin-sides down and cook 5–6 min., until skin is golden brown. Transfer chicken to a plate, skin-sides up. Reduce heat to medium.
- To same skillet, add the onion. Cook 4–5 min., until golden, stirring often. Add the cranberries, brown sugar, oregano, and ⅓ cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 min., stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Return chicken to skillet, skin-sides up.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast 20–25 min., until internal temperature of chicken is 165°F. Garnish with the parsley.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free