Let your Instant Pot do the heavy lifting for this heart-healthy chili the family will love. Cocoa powder and fire-roasted tomatoes are the secrets to slow-cooked flavor in a flash.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (20 oz) pkg ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp salt-free chili powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup low-sodium beef or chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt added fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- Chopped cilantro and green onions, to garnish (optional)
- In an Instant Pot or multi-cooker, heat the oil on the sauté function on high. Add the turkey, stirring to break up the meat. Sauté 5 min., until mostly browned. To pot, add the onions and peppers. Sauté 6 min., until softened, stirring constantly.
- To pot, add the garlic, chili powder, cocoa powder, and ½ tsp salt. Cook 1 min., stirring occasionally. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Turn off sauté function. Stir in the beans. Pour the tomatoes on top (do not stir).
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 20 min. Let natural release for 10 min. Garnish with the cilantro and green onions, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- February March 2021
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free