Frozen puff pastry is the key to these delicious 5-ingredient, 30-minute handheld pies that make a great breakfast, lunch, or snack to share.
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- ½ (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Using paper towels, squeeze as much excess liquid from the spinach as possible. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and Cheddar cheese. Stir in spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll both sheets of puff pastry into 10x10-inch squares. Cut each sheet into 6 rectangles. Spoon cheese mixture onto centers of 6 rectangles (about 3 heaping tbsp each), leaving at least ½ inch around edges. Place remaining 6 rectangles on top. With fork, seal edges.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Brush tops of hand pies with egg. Poke holes in tops of pies. Bake pies 15–20 min., until bottoms are golden brown.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- February March 2021
- 5 ingredients