Easy cake-mix cookies are dipped into dark chocolate for adorable Valentine’s Day treats that will wow kids and adults alike.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box red velvet cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Decorative candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, with hand or stand mixer, beat the cake mix, oil, egg, and salt until combined. With mini cookie scoop or by rounded tablespoon, scoop the dough and arrange on prepared pan, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently press on each ball to flatten slightly, smoothing any cracks. Bake 7–10 min., until set and cracked on top. Cool on wire rack.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate in 1-min. intervals, until melted, stirring in between intervals. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate and return to lined pan. Place the candy eyes on chocolate for each cookie and let set.
- Transfer any remaining chocolate into a sandwich-size resealable plastic bag. Let stand 10 min., until slightly cooled and thickened. With kitchen shears, snip a small hole in 1 corner. Holding bag like a piping bag, pipe a line down center of each cookie. Pipe small dots of chocolate on exposed parts of cookie tops. Let stand until set.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2021