This 15-minute Easter vegetable side dish coaxes loads of flavor from just a handful of ingredients—fresh thyme, salty capers, and nutty brown butter.
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut up and softened
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus
- In a light-colored or stainless steel 10-inch skillet, melt the butter on medium. When butter is foamy, cook another 3–5 min., until brown speckles appear, swirling and stirring often. Once butter is brown, immediately transfer to heatproof bowl or measuring cup. Stir in the thyme and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the asparagus with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic. Microwave 5 min., until tender.
- Drain asparagus and arrange on serving platter. Drizzle with butter mixture, tossing to coat. Serve warm.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- April 2021
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- 15 Minutes
- Egg Free