Making the most of pantry-friendly ingredients like capers, anchovies, and canned tomatoes, this inexpensive pasta recipe is the ultimate fast dinner for busy weeknights.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg spaghetti
- ½ (9.5 oz) jar pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ (3 oz) jar capers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ (2 oz) can anchovies in olive oil
- 1 (28 oz) can Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, chop the olives and capers. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the garlic and anchovies, and cook 1–2 min., stirring constantly and breaking up anchovies with back of a spoon. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, and capers. Season with salt and pepper. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 5 min., stirring often.
- When spaghetti is drained, toss with tomato mixture. Garnish with the parsley, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star
- May 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free