Ingredients like cured meat, fresh mozzarella, and marinated artichokes only get tastier the longer they sit, making this pasta salad perfect to pack for a picnic or to take to work for lunch.
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 (19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 oz piece salami
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 (12 oz) jar marinated artichoke quarters, drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- To a small bowl, add the red onion. Soak chopped onion in a small bowl of cold water 15 min. Prepare the tortellini according to package directions. Drain in a colander and run cold water over tortellini to cool. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, dice the salami and mozzarella. Coarsely chop the artichokes and halve the tomatoes.
- Drain the red onion well and pat dry with paper towels. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and oregano. Add cooked tortellini, tossing with dressing. To bowl, add salami, mozzarella, artichokes, tomatoes, and red onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
To make the day before, leave out the onions and stir in just before serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- May 2021
- Celebrations Made Easy Cookbook