Use already-seasoned sausage to stuff veggies like these sweet peppers for a fast, 4-ingredient appetizer that’s sure to wow the crowd.
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- 1 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 24 medium-length skewers, soaked if wooden
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup ketchup or marinara sauce, warmed (optional)
- Set grill to medium. Halve the peppers lengthwise and remove seeds. Divide sausage among pepper halves, stuffing into cavities of peppers.
- Thread 2 pepper halves onto 1 set of parallel skewers. Repeat with remaining pepper halves and skewers. Brush skewers all over with the oil and place on grill. Cover and cook 10–12 min., turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through. Serve with the ketchup or marinara sauce, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- May 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free