Rolling sausage into meatballs is a great weeknight cooking hack. This hearty 5-ingredient sheet pan dinner pairs them with a starch and a green vegetable all on one pan.
- 3 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed (about 1 ½ lbs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Chicken Sausage with Cheese and Garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 min.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into 1½-inch florets and toss with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt. Remove the sausage from casings and roll into 1-inch meatballs.
- After sweet potatoes have roasted 15 min., carefully remove sheet pan from oven. Using a spatula, flip sweet potatoes.
- Add broccoli and meatballs to sheet pan in single layer between sweet potato chunks. Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper. Return to oven and roast 20–25 min., until meatballs are fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- take 5
- guiding star
- May 2021
- Egg Free