Whether you serve it for cocktail hour or as a light, refreshing dessert at the end of your meal, this wine slushie is guaranteed to make it into your summer entertaining rotation.
- 1 (750 mL) bottle dry rosé wine
- ½ (16 oz) pkg strawberries, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Pour the rosé into a gallon-size resealable bag and seal tightly. Place in a baking dish and freeze overnight.
- Meanwhile, hull and roughly chop the strawberries. To small pot, add strawberries, sugar, and ½ cup water. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 1–2 min., until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Let sit at least 1 hour and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- To a high-powered blender, add strawberry mixture and lemon juice. Pulse until almost smooth. Add the ice cubes and frozen rosé. Blend until a slushie consistency and serve immediately, garnished with additional strawberries, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- June 2021
- Nut Free
- In Season
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free