This sweet and tangy relish is loaded with summer veggies like peppers, corn, and green beans. Serve it atop hot dogs and burgers or as a side dish for heartier meats like grilled steak and barbecued pork.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, broken into small pieces
- 1 (10 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic green beans, trimmed into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) or fresh corn kernels
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil on high. Add the cauliflower and green beans and cook just until crisp-tender, about 4 min. Drain and add to a large heatproof bowl with the onion, bell pepper, corn, and kidney beans.
- In the same pot on medium-high, heat the vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seeds, mustard seeds, and turmeric. Simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally, until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- To pot, add the vegetables, cover, return to a simmer, and cook 10 min. Pack into 2–3 quart-size canning jars and seal with clean lids. Allow jars to cool on a rack for 15 min., then refrigerate for up to 1 month.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- June 2021
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free