Amp up your entertaining this Halloween season to impress kids and adults alike with a skull-shaped cheese ball, using olives for eyes and almond slivers for teeth.
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 8 slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 black olive, cut into two triangles (optional)
- Bell peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, green onions, hot sauce, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. With a rubber spatula, stir until fully combined. Shape into a ball and refrigerate until ready to decorate and serve.
- Shape cheese mixture into a skull and press the olives into the cheese ball to form hollowed-out eyes, with the pimientos facing out. For the mouth, place 4 almond slices in for the top teeth, then 4 more underneath for the bottom. Make 2 indents above the mouth for nostrils, or press the black olive pieces into the cheese ball for nostrils. Serve with the crackers and vegetables.
This recipe is
- October November 2021