A Mexican classic of mole is made easy thanks to the help of an Instant Pot. Used for tacos in this recipe, the pulled chicken is also great stuffed into quesadillas, tossed into a salad, or served with rice and beans.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs Nature's Promise Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp canned chipotle chiles and adobo sauce
- ½ cup raisins
- Flour tortillas, diced avocado, sliced radishes, and lime wedges, to serve
- In an Instant Pot, heat the oil on the sauté function on high. Add the onion and sauté 4–5 min., until mostly softened, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic powder, cumin, cocoa powder, chili powder, and cinnamon. Cook 30 sec. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Turn off sauté function.
- To Instant Pot, add the chicken breasts. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Top with the tomatoes, chipotle chilies, and raisins (do not stir). Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 10 min. Let natural release for 10 min.
- Using tongs, transfer just chicken to a bowl. Let cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Let the sauce cool slightly. Either with an immersion blender or by carefully transferring to a blender, purée the mixture into a smooth sauce. Toss with shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken mixture on tortillas with avocado, radishes, and lime wedges.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free