Using a rotisserie chicken makes it easy to pull off a homemade wintry chicken soup with a Southwestern twist for an affordable dinner.
- ½ rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Microwave Long-Grain Rice
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken. Add the rotisserie chicken carcass, reserving half the chicken meat for another use. Lower heat to medium and let simmer 20 min.
- Meanwhile, chop chicken into small pieces. Remove the carcass and discard. Use a slotted spoon to remove any excess solids from the liquid. Add the sweet potatoes, corn, rice, cherry tomatoes, and chili powder to the broth. Cover with a lid and simmer 12–15 min., until sweet potatoes are tender. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the lime wedges and cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- Budget Friendly
- gluten free
- December 2021
- $10 Meals
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free