Tangy and crispy, this spin on Caesar salad puts the spotlight on refreshing celery and fresh herbs for a light side to a holiday meal.
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- ½ cup chopped cashews, toasted if desired
- To a large serving bowl, add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, oil, 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, and anchovy paste (if using). Using a microplane, finely grate garlic into bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Trim ends of the celery. Thinly slice celery on the bias, including the celery leaves. To the bowl, add celery, green onions, parsley, and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with dressing. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan and cashews to serve.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minutes
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- December 2021
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes