These no-bake holiday cookies are a staple in Brazil. If desired, toast the coconut to add more nuttiness to the dessert.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- To a medium pot, add the condensed milk, butter, and vanilla and heat on medium-low. Season with a pinch of salt and continuously stir with a spatula. Once the mixture is warm, add the white chocolate chips, stirring until chips are melted.
- Continue cooking mixture 15 min., stirring constantly until thickened. To test if it’s thick enough, scrape the bottom of pot with a rubber spatula to see if the mixture holds for 2–3 sec.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Chill 1 hour. Add the coconut to a plate. Once completely chilled, scoop 1 tbsp white chocolate mixture at a time to form a ball. Roll white chocolate balls in shredded coconut to coat. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Five Ingredients
- December 2021
- Egg Free