Make a week’s worth of work lunches in no time thanks to this burrito bowl with chicken and rice that’s perfected in the Instant Pot®.
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp jarred sofrito (optional)
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (15.5 oz) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Nature's Promise® Organic Fresh Salsa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Avocado chunks
- Diced tomatoes
- To an Instant Pot®, add the brown rice, water, and sofrito, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook at high pressure 20 min., then do a quick release.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Let cool and then shred with 2 forks.
- To pack as lunches for the week, add rice to 6 microwave-safe containers. Top with chicken. In a medium bowl, toss the black beans with the salsa and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide bean mixture among containers. Refrigerate until needed. To serve, microwave 1–2 min., until warm. Serve with the garnishes.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Meal plan
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- January 2022
- Egg Free