This easy dinner is the best balance of high-end and fast – thanks to the creamy, lemony sauce, quick-cooking seafood, and microwave-ready green beans.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Wild Caught Scallops or about 30 small scallops, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Organic Whole Frozen Green Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- ¼ cup white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup nonfat half & half
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pat the scallops very dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Microwave the green beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on high. Add scallops and cook 2–3 min., until golden brown. Flip scallops, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook another 2–3 min., until golden brown. Transfer scallops to a plate.
- To same skillet, add the butter and shallots. Cook 1–2 min., until shallots are translucent, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add the wine and simmer 2 min., until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Add the half & half and cook 1–2 min., until reduced slightly, stirring constantly. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide green beans and scallops among 4 plates. Drizzle sauce generously over scallops.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Sustainable Seafood
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- April 2022
- Egg Free