This delicious Passover classic dish is juicy and fall-apart tender when cooked in the Instant Pot.
- 3 lb boneless beef brisket
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 (0.5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Roasting Blend (parsley, rosemary, thyme)
- 3 dried bay leaves
- ½ (16 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Organic Baby Carrots
- Pat the brisket dry with paper towels and trim off excess fat. Cut the brisket in half, if needed, to fit into the Instant Pot®. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. To Instant Pot®, add the oil and heat on sauté function on high. Using tongs, sear brisket on both sides, about 4–5 min. per side. Transfer to a plate.
- To Instant Pot®, add the onions. Cook 6–8 min., until onions are soft and beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 sec. Turn off sauté function. Add ¾ cup water, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Return brisket to Instant Pot® fat-side up. In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, tomato paste, ketchup, and brown sugar. Spread ketchup mixture directly onto brisket. Remove the parsley from the roasting blend and set aside. To Instant Pot®, add the bay leaves and remaining rosemary and thyme sprigs. Seal and set to cook on high pressure for 70 min. Let naturally release 25 min.
- Transfer brisket to a cutting board. Discard rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves. To Instant Pot®, add the baby carrots. Seal and set to high pressure for 3 min.
- Slice brisket against the grain into thin slices and arrange on a large serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer carrots to platter with brisket. Turn the Instant Pot® to sauté function on high. Let liquid boil 3–4 min., until reduced slightly. Spoon gravy and onions over brisket. Chop the reserved parsley; sprinkle over top.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- April 2022
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free