Turn the classic flavors of an Italian-inspired pasta salad into a fun-to-eat summer side—perfect for your next picnic or cookout.
- 1 (19 oz) bag regular or tri-color cheese tortelloni
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) pkg ciliegine mozzarella (mini fresh mozzarella balls)
- ½ lb pre-sliced or deli-sliced hard salami
- 4 mini cucumbers, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (6 oz) jar pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 15- 20 (10 -inch) skewers
- Other vegetables, such as pepperoncini and marinated artichokes (optional)
- Sauce for serving, such as pesto or ranch dressing (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Alternating ingredients, thread tortellini, tomatoes, mozzarella balls, salami, cucumbers, olives, and basil onto skewers. Create different combinations on each skewer with additional ingredients like pepperoncini and artichokes, if desired. Serve with pesto, ranch, or another dressing, if desired.
To make these skewers ahead, arrange on a platter, tightly wrap with plastic, and refrigerate.
- Fifteen Minute
- May 2022
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Prep