Cool off in the summer with this refreshing drink made of berries, hibiscus tea, and lemonade.
- 1 (16 oz) pkgs strawberries, hulled, divided
- 3 (6 oz) pkgs raspberries, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 hibiscus tea bags
- 2 cups cold store-bought lemonade
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a medium pot, heat half the strawberries and 2½ pkgs raspberries on medium. Add the sugar and cook 5 min., stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved and berries have released their juices.
- Carefully transfer mixture to a blender and purée until smooth. Pour purée through a fine-mesh strainer set over a large bowl to strain seeds. Discard seeds and set berry syrup aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiling water into a large heatproof pitcher. Add the tea bags and steep 5 min. Remove tea bags and allow tea to cool to room temperature. Add berry syrup to hibiscus tea. Pour in the lemonade and stir mixture to combine.
- Refrigerate until cold. Serve hibiscus lemonade over ice and garnish with the remaining fresh berries (there will be some left over) and lemon wedges.
Leftover drink mixture can also be frozen into ice pops.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- June 2022
- Lactose Free