These big-batch vegetarian quesadillas are perfect to meal-prep and keep in your freezer. Start your morning off right with the protein and veggies packed in this sheet pan breakfast.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (9 oz) bag microwavable spinach
- 12 large eggs
- ½ (8 oz) block reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz) pkg finely shredded reduced-fat 4 Cheese Mexican-style cheese blend, divided
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
For Serving (optional):
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a rimmed 18x13-inch baking sheet with the cooking spray. Microwave the spinach according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add eggs and cook 3–5 min., until just set. Add the cream cheese and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Layer 6 tortillas on prepared baking sheet so bottom of baking sheet is fully covered and half of each tortilla is hanging over the side. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over tortillas. Add scrambled eggs and spread in an even layer. Top with the green onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, if using, spinach, and remaining cheese. Place remaining 2 tortillas in center of filling and fold overhanging tortillas into center.
- Place a second baking sheet on top of tortillas to weigh down. Bake 10–15 min., until tortillas are set and slightly crisp. Remove the top baking sheet and bake 10 min. more, until tortillas are browned and crisp. Slice quesadilla into 10 rectangles and serve warm with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, if desired. Eat immediately or let cool completely before freezing.
To freeze, wrap each quesadilla rectangle tightly in plastic and place together in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag in freezer. To reheat, unwrap slice and microwave on high 2–3 min., until warm.
This recipe is
- September 2022
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- 30 Minute
- Thirty Minutes
- Meal Prep