This affordable chicken dinner comes together in under 30 minutes. Mushrooms and spinach add flavor and fiber to this creamy one-pot dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley (optional)
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the mushrooms and sauté 4–5 min., until softened. Add the orzo and cook 1–2 min., until orzo is golden and toasted, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in ½ cup water to deglaze pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits. When liquid is mostly reduced, add remaining 1½ cups water and bring to a boil. Stir in the spinach, in batches, if needed.
- Cover and cook 10–12 min., until the liquid is absorbed and orzo is cooked. Stir in the cream cheese and rotisserie chicken. Garnish with the Parmesan and dried parsley, if desired.
This recipe is
- September 2022
- Plant Forward
- one pot
- Nut Free
- 30 Minute
- Guiding Stars
- Thirty Minutes
- Egg Free