Saucy beef and beans are topped with cheesy tater bites in this easy dinner. This protein-packed casserole recipe is sure to fill and fuel any crowd.
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen chopped onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 oz) bag nacho taco shredded cheese blend, divided
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen tater bites
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with the cooking spray. To a 12-inch skillet over medium-high, add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook 4–5 min., until mostly browned, stirring occasionally to break up meat. Add the onions and peppers. Cook 3–5 min., until vegetables are soft. Stir in the enchilada sauce and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Transfer meat mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Evenly spread the black beans and corn over the meat mixture. Top with half of the cheese. Arrange the tater bites on top in a single, even layer.
- Bake 30–35 min., until tater bites are golden and filling is bubbling. Top with remaining cheese and the dried parsley. Bake 5 min., until cheese has melted. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- October November 2022
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free