Red tomatoes, white mozzarella, and green olives make a fast, festive appetizer for the holidays or an Italian-themed appetizer for any gathering.
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs grape tomatoes
- 3 ½ - inch cocktail skewers
- 1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella pearls, drained (ciligiene)
- 1 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, drained
- Fresh basil leaves, for decorating
- ⅓ cup prepared pesto
- Thread a tomato onto a skewer, followed by a mozzarella pearl and an olive. Repeat with remaining tomatoes, mozzarella, and olives, alternating each layer, until all are used.
- On the rim of a circular serving platter, arrange the basil leaves. Stack skewers on the basil leaves to form the wreath. Place the pesto in a small bowl in center of platter for dipping skewers.
This recipe is
- gluten free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Wheat Free
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022