Upgrade popcorn for your next movie night with this easy DIY seasoning. Sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning add huge flavor and taste just like a slice of pizza.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 (3.3 oz) pkg microwave plain popcorn
- 3 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
- ⅓ cup sliced pepperoni or mini pepperoni
- To make the tomato seasoning: In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. Pulse 1 min., until smooth. Transfer mixture to a resealable container until ready to use.
- To make the popcorn: Microwave the popcorn according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the popped popcorn, melted butter, pepperoni, and 2 tbsp tomato seasoning. Toss to coat. Add an additional 2 tbsp tomato seasoning and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
To give this popcorn topping as a gift, package the tomato seasoning in small mason jars.
This recipe is
- Home Alone
- Movie Night
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- 15 Minutes
- December 2022
- Lactose Free