Make your own Advent calendar to count down the days until Christmas—an easy way to save money during the holidays. Paper cups and tissue paper are the perfect DIY trick for hiding treats.
- 1 (20x30-inch) red or green foam board
- 24 small paper cups
- Gold tissue paper
- 24 small candies, gifts, or notes
- Green crinkle paper (optional)
- 24 rubber bands
- Hot glue or advanced craft glue
- Place the foam board on a flat surface. Draw a five-pointed star and arrange the paper cups in star pattern on board (or arrange cups into a Christmas tree). Cut tissue paper into 24 squares slightly larger than the rim of each cup. Add a piece of candy, a small gift, or a note to each cup. If desired, add crinkle paper to each cup. Cover cups with tissue paper squares and secure with the rubber bands. If desired, write the numbers 1 through 24 on the tissue paper of the cups.
- Use the hot glue or craft glue to adhere cups to board in star shape. Allow to set completely before lifting board. To open, simply poke through the tissue paper to reveal the surprises inside.
- Christmas Traditions
- 30 minutes
- Thirty Minutes
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022