A special occasion–worthy meal in just 15 minutes? Yes! This fast spin on steak and potatoes includes a piccata-inspired sauce made entirely in the microwave.
- 1 (24 oz) bag Steam-Easy Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 (2 lb) top round London broil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp low-sodium grilled steak seasoning or other seasoning mix
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, plus more to garnish
- Arrange oven rack 6 inches from broiler. Place a large cast-iron skillet on rack. Preheat broiler to high. Microwave the potatoes in package on high 10 min., until tender.
- Meanwhile, with a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the London broil on both sides to tenderize and flatten to an even thickness. Rub meat all over with the oil and steak seasoning. Season generously with salt and pepper. Carefully remove skillet from oven and place steak in skillet. Broil 4–5 min. per side., until medium-rare or an internal temperature of 125°F. Transfer steak to a cutting board to rest.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high 30 sec., until melted. Stir in the garlic, zest and juice of lemon, and capers. Microwave another 30 sec. Stir in the parsley. Place cooked potatoes in a serving bowl. Pour half of lemon-caper sauce over potatoes and toss gently. Slice steak against the grain and divide among 8 plates. Spoon remaining lemon-caper sauce over steak. Serve with potatoes. Garnish with more parsley, if desired.
After pounding and seasoning the steak, chill in the fridge overnight for more tenderness.
This recipe is
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Wheat Free
- December 2022