This marinated chicken dinner is inspired by the classic Cuban cocktail, but without the rum. Using canned pineapple in the fresh salsa means this recipe can be made any time of year.
- ¾ cup chopped mint, divided
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (5.8 oz) box Nature's Promise® Pearled Couscous
- 1 (20 oz) can no-sugar-added pineapple chunks
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- To a blender, add ½ cup mint, the garlic, lime juice, and 2 tbsp oil. Purée until smooth. Pour marinade into a large resealable bag. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Massage to fully coat. Refrigerate 20 min. or up to 4 hours.
- Cook the couscous according to package directions. Chop pineapple chunks into bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and remaining ¼ cup mint. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. In a 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook 8–10 min., until golden and cooked through, turning halfway through. Top chicken with salsa and serve with couscous.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free
- January 2023