Try these fizzy self-care treats for your next at-home spa day. Customize them by using essential oils, if desired.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- ½ cup epsom salt
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp water
- 8- 9 drops essential oil (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Silicone ice cube trays or bath bomb molds
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt, and cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil and water. If desired, add the essential oil and a few drops of food coloring to bowl with wet mixture.
- Very slowly, add a small amount of wet mixture into dry mixture while stirring. Continue adding and stirring until mixture looks like wet sand. Press mixture firmly into the ice cube trays or molds. Let sit 5 min. Carefully and gently remove bombs from trays. Place in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator and let dry 24 hours. To use, drop a few bath bombs in warm bath.
If using a bath bomb mold, fill each half of the mold until it’s overflowing, packing in slightly. Press halves together firmly and let mold sit 1 min. Gently tap mold and gently pull mold apart. Let dry 24 hours.
Instead of using an ice cube tray or a mold, try sprinkling the mixture directly into a warm bath. Save any remaining mixture in a resealable container.
- Spa Day
- gifts from the kitchen
- Homemade Gift
- January 2023