Nothing gets kids moving quite like the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls, and this sped-up version is perfect for an early school day morning. Crescent rolls serve as the foundation, while pecans, cinnamon, and sugar spark sweet nostalgia with each bite. A two-ingredient frosting completes this breakfast treat with ease.
- non-stick vegetable cooking spray
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp milk, whole or 2%
- Spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Separate the rolls into 4 rectangles. Use fingers to seal seams and flatten dough. Brush with melted butter or margarine and sprinkle gernerously with a mixture of the cinnamon and sugar and pecans.
- Roll each rectangle from the short side and slice into five pieces (20 rolls total). Place rolls 1/2 inch apart in prepared pan; bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For Glaze: mix last 2 ingredients.
- Remove rolls from oven and spoon glaze over top. Allow to cool in pan.
- Calories 107kcal 5%
- Fat 6.7g 10%
- Saturated fat 3.0g 15%
- Carbs 11.2g 4%
- Sodium 54mg 2%
- 6.9g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 1.2g protein
- 14mg cholesterol