Put an elegant-looking dessert together with this strawberry trifle cake recipe. Sliced angel food cake, strawberries, and ice cream layer together quickly in trifle dishes just before serving. Top with chocolate sauce or mint and you're ready to serve—no need for planning ahead or lengthy prep.
- 1 angel food cake, prepared & cut across into thirds
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 56 oz container NY style vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- In a trifle bowl (or large glass bowl), alternate layers of cake, ice cream and strawberries until you have completed three layers.
- Garnish the last layer with strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional - drizzle with chocolate and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- Calories 556kcal 28%
- Fat 22.5g 35%
- Saturated fat 13.5g 68%
- Carbs 79.9g 27%
- Sodium 478mg 20%
- 47.5g sugar
- 4.3g fiber
- 10.2g protein
- 87mg cholesterol