A fruit celebrated in the winter season—the sweet, nectar-popping Clementine—mingles with the warm chocolate, coconut, and almonds for a unique dessert snack. So easy to prepare, you can ask your little helpers to join you in the kitchen.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 whole clementines, peeled and sectioned
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
- Transfer to a small bowl and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the coconut into a bowl; pour almonds into separate bowl.
- Dip one end of each clementine segment into the chocolate, coat in the almonds, then the coconut, and put on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Chill until the chocolate has hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Calories 318kcal 16%
- Fat 24.2g 37%
- Saturated fat 11.6g 58%
- Carbs 22.3g 7%
- Sodium 7mg <1%
- 12.9g sugar
- 6.3g fiber
- 6.2g protein
- 1mg cholesterol