Roasting root vegetables brings out amazing flavors all on its own… but add a few herbs and spices, and you've got a robust side that practically melts in your mouth. Serve straight out of the oven for the best taste.
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 16 wedges and separated
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ lb parsnips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F and lightly spray a large roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, oil, herbs and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and toss until all vegetables have been coated with the oil and herbs.
- Roast vegetables uncovered 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Calories 118kcal 6%
- Fat 4.7g 7%
- Saturated fat 0.7g 3%
- Carbs 18.1g 6%
- Sodium 48mg 2%
- 3.6g sugar
- 3.5g fiber
- 1.6g protein
- 0mg cholesterol