Extra-lean ground beef may lack juiciness, but we've got a secret ingredient: blueberries. This antioxidant-rich superfruit adds welcome moisture and an unexpected fruity flavor to this burger. Want even more blue, even if your burger is pink inside? Top it off with blue cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef, 95% lean /5% fat
- ½ cup chopped fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger rolls
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- tomato slices
- lettuce leaves
- Combine ground beef with blueberries, onion, sugar, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Mix gently until well combine. Divide into 4 patties.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Place burgers in rolls. Top each burger with 1 tablespoon blue cheese, tomato slices and lettuce.
- Calories 349kcal 17%
- Fat 10.5g 16%
- Saturated fat 4.5g 23%
- Carbs 33.4g 11%
- Sodium 460mg 19%
- 11.2g sugar
- 5.7g fiber
- 31.6g protein
- 77mg cholesterol