This spicy gluten-free dip uses zucchini along with the traditional avocado for a guacamole that is anything but dull. Hot sauce lends a kick to the guac along with onion, garlic and cilantro for extra flavor. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
- ¼ cup coarsley chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Cover the chopped zucchini with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for about 3 minutes until tender. Drain, pressing lightly on the zucchini to extract any liquid. Let cool about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add avocado, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, hot sauce and salt. Mash with a fork until combined.
- Fold zucchini into avocado mixture.
To help dip stay fresher longer, place the avocado pit into the prepared dip!
*If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
This recipe is