Savor the tastes of late summer with this dessert recipe for grilled peaches with yogurt, honey and walnuts. Peach halves grill to a golden brown in a few minutes, while the honey and walnuts heat up to combine with the cold yogurt for a delicious treat.
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 6 oz Greek nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat the grill to high. Brush the peaches with the oil, place on the grill, cut side down, and cook until golden brown and caramelized, about 2 minutes. Turn the peaches over and continue cooking until just warmed through, about 2 minutes longer.
- While the peaches are cooking, combine the honey and walnuts in a small pan, place on the grates of the grill, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and place a half on each plate. Top each half with some of the yogurt and drizzle the honey-walnut mixture over the top. Garnish with a mint sprig, if desired.
This recipe is
- Calories 175kcal 9%
- Fat 6.2g 10%
- Saturated fat 0.6g 3%
- Carbs 26.9g 9%
- Sodium 16mg <1%
- 25.0g sugar
- 1.6g fiber
- 6.2g protein
- 2mg cholesterol