For an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love, look no further than this simple meatloaf recipe. Onion soup mix is the secret ingredient in this version, but if you're feeling adventurous, sub onion mushroom, or herb and garlic soup mix.
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lb ground beef
- ¾ cup plain dry bread crumbs (or use 1 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs or 5 slices bread, cubed)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf in 13x9" baking or roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: In slow cooker, arrange meat loaf. Cook covered on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours. (HELPFUL HINT...Place meat loaf on a piece of cheesecloth, then on a rack to help hold meat loaf together while lifting in and out of slow cooker.)
Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix.
- Calories 323kcal 16%
- Fat 18.6g 29%
- Saturated fat 7.1g 36%
- Carbs 12.6g 4%
- Sodium 548mg 23%
- 3.3g sugar
- 0.7g fiber
- 24.2g protein
- 118mg cholesterol