Usher in the tastes of fall with this old-fashioned apple oatmeal crumble. Brown sugar, cinnamon and orange juice combine with the oatmeal for a sweet, crunchy topping for the spiced cooked apples that hide within. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream for a tasty dessert.
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup quick-cook rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp margarine, melted
- 6 cup peeled and thinly sliced apples (6-7 medium apples)
- 1 tsp margarine, chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cups nonfat vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray an 11.5x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Drizzle with melted margarine and blend well.
- Layer apple slices in dish and sprinkle with chopped margarine and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle flour topping over apples. Slowly drizzle orange juice over topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and apples are tender. Cool slightly and serve warm with yogurt.
This recipe is
- Calories 200kcal 10%
- Fat 4.1g 6%
- Saturated fat 0.7g 4%
- Carbs 39.8g 13%
- Sodium 98mg 4%
- 27.0g sugar
- 3.4g fiber
- 3.9g protein
- 1mg cholesterol