With its sweet and tart flavors, this is a stuffing that tastes like fall. Tart red apples combine with dried cranberries and thyme to give your holiday main dish that sweet-savory combo everyone loves. Pair with other cuts all year round when you are craving holiday flavors.
- ½ cup ( 1 stick ) unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and chopped
- 1 bag ( 6 oz.) dried cranberries
- 1 tsp McCormick dried thyme leaves
- 1 ½ tsp McCormick Poultry Seasoning
- ½ tsp McCormick Ground Black Pepper
- 6 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in apples, cranberries, thyme, poultry seasoning and pepper.
Toss bread cubes, celery mixture, broth and apple juice in a large bowl; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake additional 20 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
- Calories 231kcal 12%
- Fat 10.3g 16%
- Saturated fat 6.0g 30%
- Carbs 34.4g 11%
- Sodium 304mg 13%
- 19.2g sugar
- 3.1g fiber
- 2.7g protein
- 24mg cholesterol