Whether prepared on the grill or in the oven, this spicy burger is a classic. Hot cayenne sauce is blended right into the patties, then cooled off with a creamy blue-cheese dressing. Perfect for when you can't decide between burgers or wings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp cayenne pepper hot sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp low-fat blue cheese salad dressing
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Gently mix ground beef with onion, 1 Tbsp hot sauce, 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape into four 4 oz. patties.
- Preheat grill or broiler for direct heat cooking. Place hamburgers on oiled grill rack, set 4 inches from medium heat. Grill, using direct grill method, turning once, until cooked through, about 12–15 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Meanwhile, stir hot sauce into blue cheese dressing. Toast buns, cut side down, over indirect heat 1–2 minutes. Spread cut side of each bun with 1 Tbsp hot sauce dressing. Serve hamburgers in buns.
- Calories 399kcal 20%
- Fat 19.3g 30%
- Saturated fat 7.3g 36%
- Carbs 28.1g 9%
- Sodium 486mg 20%
- 6.4g sugar
- 1.4g fiber
- 26.3g protein
- 77mg cholesterol