When it's spring, the vegetable-lover's thoughts turn to asparagus. This delightful French-style salad goes easy on the dressing to allow the naturally rich and buttery flavors of the asparagus to come to the forefront. Topped with walnuts and little crumbled feta it's practically a meal in itself when you add a side of rice or bread to it.
- 1 lb medium fresh asparagus
- 1 tbsp Simply Enjoy olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Snap tough ends off asparagus. Cut asparagus spears on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Mix oil, mustard, lemon juice, shallots, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking pan, large enough to hold asparagus in one layer. Pour dressing over asparagus and stir to coat all surfaces.
- Roast, stirring once, about 6–8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in lemon peel and tarragon. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe is
- Calories 52kcal 3%
- Fat 3.9g 6%
- Saturated fat 0.5g 3%
- Sugars 1.5g 2%
- Sodium 234mg 0 %
- 1.9g carbohydrate
- 1.6g fibre
- 1.7g protein
- 0mg cholesterol