This green bean and potato salad lightens up the picnic classic by using Greek yogurt as a base for the dressing. Combined with dill, sharp red onion and lemon, it makes a refreshing low-fat yet flavorsome vinaigrette.
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ lb small red and/or purple potatoes, cut into ½x1x2x2-inch pieces
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, onion, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet combine potatoes and 1 cup water. Place green beans on potatoes. Place skillet over high heat; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and green beans are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well.
- Add potatoes and green beans to yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
- Calories 43kcal 2%
- Fat 0.2g <1%
- Saturated fat 0.1g <1%
- Sugars 2.7g 3%
- Salt 0.03g <1%
- 6.4g carbohydrate
- 1.8g fiber
- 3.0g protein
- 1mg cholesterol