Make these barbecue chicken pizzas with your children—the result is a crispy, light and balanced dinner. Lay out pita, sauces, chicken and shredded cheese and let them assemble their toppings as desired. Once arranged, these pizzas take only a few minutes to grill, ensuring that excited kids get to tuck into their culinary creations in no time.
- 4 (6 ½ - inch) pita bread round
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 lb diced skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced onion (raw or pre- cooked)
- 4 tbsp diced bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheese, pizza blend
- Preheat grill to medium (350°F-400°F).
- Brown diced chicken in a pan over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine pizza sauce and barbecue sauce and spread evenly over pita. Top evenly with cooked chicken, onions and peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Grill pizza, covered, 4-6 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
- Calories 455kcal 23%
- Fat 13.2g 20%
- Saturated fat 6.3g 32%
- Carbs 43.7g 15%
- Sodium 799mg 33%
- 5.8g sugar
- 2.3g fiber
- 38.2g protein
- 104mg cholesterol