Sweet roasted corn, black beans, cilantro and peppers come together in this easy-to-prepare nacho dish. Topped with melted Colby and Jack cheese, these nachos make a great snack or light meal, and are perfect for serving at a casual get-together.
- ½ pkg ( 14 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 2 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper seeded and diced
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread tortilla chips (overlapping slightly) in a 15x10-inch baking pan or a large pizza pan. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place corn on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs, should yield about 1 cup of kernels.
- Add corn to skillet; cook 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned and kernels begin to pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spoon corn evenly over tortilla chips. Top with black beans, bell pepper and remaining cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
- Calories 486kcal 24%
- Fat 23.8g 37%
- Saturated fat 7.0g 35%
- Carbs 55.6g 19%
- Sodium 622mg 26%
- 2.1g sugar
- 7.2g fiber
- 14.5g protein
- 25mg cholesterol